Sun-kissed tomatoes bursting with flavour, salty crumbles of feta dancing on crisp lettuce, and juicy chicken infused with oregano – this recipe is a symphony of summer on a plate! Perfect for backyard barbecues or laid-back family dinners, it’s a taste of the season you can create with ease in your own kitchen.
Imagine the mouthwatering aroma wafting through your home as the chicken roasts, its skin turning a beautiful golden brown thanks to a generous drizzle of olive oil. The oregano, a quintessential summer herb, infuses the air with its warm, inviting fragrance. Meanwhile, a vibrant salad comes together, featuring plump tomatoes at their peak ripeness, their sweetness counterbalanced by tangy feta and a medley of fresh herbs.
This recipe by Amanda Dettrick is not only delicious but also incredibly convenient. With minimal prep and fuss, you’ll have a meal that looks and tastes like you spent hours slaving away in the kitchen. With a few kitchen products from Wiltshire, we are set to go.
But the beauty of this dish goes beyond its ease and flavour. It’s a celebration of fresh, seasonal ingredients, a vibrant tapestry of colours and textures that captures an Aussie summer. It’s a dish that brings people together, with shared laughter echoing around the table as everyone savours the taste of the season.
So, fire up the oven, round up your circle, and get ready to create a summer memory that will linger long after the last bite is taken.
Oregano Roasted Chicken Marylands with Tomato, Feta and Herb Salad
Prep/cook time: 30 mins
• 4 chicken marylands, skin on
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1/2 cup fresh oregano leaves, chopped
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 100g Green sicilian olives
• ½ cup dry white wine
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 600g mixed colour mini or cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
• 70g fetta, crumbled
• ¼ cup mint leaves, torn
• ¼ cup basil leaves, torn
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
• Salt and pepper, to taste
How to prepare:
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced.
- In a Wiltshire 39cm Vitreous Enamel Bake Tray lined with baking paper toss together the chicken, olive oil, garlic, oregano, lemon and olives. Season with salt and pepper and spread the chicken pieces out skin side up.
- Pour the white wine over the chicken pieces and bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes (or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 74°C at its thickest part), basting with the wine a couple of times during cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the tomato salad. Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss well. Set aside in the refrigerator for the flavours to develop until the chicken has finished cooking, then serve together.