A new one-day festival extravaganza fusing hot jazz beats, local musicians, gourmet delights and a vibrant dress code is set to ring in the summer against the sparkling backdrop of Sydney’s iconic harbour.
Introducing HOT JAZZ PICNIC, an exciting new Australian picnic-style, live-performance jazz festival taking place at the enchanting Lyne Park in Rose Bay Sydney on 25 November 2023.
Guaranteed to be a day to remember, the inaugural HOT JAZZ PICNIC hosted by comedy duo SketchShe, is a high-spirited celebration of live jazz, spotlighting the world-class talent NSW has to offer, and delivering a sumptuous blend of music and style – all in a casually chic picnic format.
Supporting Aus Music Month, HOT JAZZ PICNIC has been curated by ARIA award-winning musician Elana Stone to appeal to both young jazz enthusiasts and good times lovers alike.
“Hot Jazz Picnic is your golden ticket to groove and celebrate Aus Music Month and the resurgence of jazz like never before. For the inaugural event, we’ve curated a lineup that marries the classic and the contemporary, promising an electrifying experience for all music fans,” says Stone.
- Harry James Angus (Cat Empire), has always had the most impressive ‘side projects’ imaginable. From singing and rapping with hip-hop-inspired Jackson Jackson, playing beautiful, delicate guitar songs or singing and playing riotous Nina Simone-inspired piano with a gospel choir – he is without peer in terms of his ability to master every instrument he turns his hand and mind to.
- Dan Barnett and Emma Pask fronting a 14-piece big band will be a spectacular swing dance.
- The Morrisons have brought bluegrass authenticity to the Sydney live music scene since hosting their first ‘Oh Brother, Where Art Thou’ shows back in 2013.
- Brekky Boy, Katie Thorne and Ruby Jackson are new discoveries that are going to blow minds with their freshness and invention. Brekky Boy has just come back from an epic tour of Europe and Ruby has just performed at BIGSOUND to much acclaim.
- The Vampires are going to bring their delicious roots/reggae jazz originals and Kate Wadey is the Anita O’Day to a ‘Jazz on a Summer’s Day’ vision come true with her sweet, sophisticated sound and swinging band.
Think hot jazz, bold fashion, chic picnic. This one-day festival is an intimate, luxe festival experience where friends can come together to enjoy good vibes and good times in a one-of-a-kind location.
HOT JAZZ PICNIC is changing the festival food game, by featuring an onsite pop-up picnic providore showcasing the local and artisanal. Guests will be able to curate their own lavish spread, from an array of glorious fare including blooming cheeses, charcuterie, spicy salamis and antipasti. For the extra bouji, bumps of caviar can be washed down with champagne.
The chic affair will see renowned lifestyle accessories designer, Business and Pleasure Co, style the event, and attendees who purchase a special ‘Keep Picnic’ ticket will receive a premium Riviera Cooler Bag and chilled signature breeze block with a matching family-sized Riviera Beach & Picnic Blanket. Picnic in style and take home what you don’t eat.
Pop-up bars will be serving the very best aperitivo, champagne and non-alcoholic drinks. The Casamigos truck will be on margarita duties, while Hickson House Distilling Co will be shaking up summery cocktails and showcasing their new Wild Rosé Summer Cup.
Mary’s Burgers, Sonoma Bakery and Tuckerbox are just some of the other names involved.
Respected Festival Executive Producer Caroline Kemp says: “The concept was conceived in the second Coronavirus lockdown in NSW. The world felt very black and white. Lacking joyful and inspired experiences and connection with friends and wider social groups was non-existent. Hot Jazz Picnic champions the jazz community and shines a spotlight on the best artists from NSW and the best food and drink from the region.”
Hot Jazz Picnic is proud to support OzHarvest, who will be raising awareness and funds to support their vital work with a pop-up selling sustainable picnic items and snacks. One dollar from each ticket sold will be donated to the charity and they will dispose of all food left over from the event.
In a bid to support the creative industries, who have struggled through the last four years, 500 complimentary tickets will be awarded to those in the music industry and creative performers – to apply click here.
A primo picnic experience is available to VIP ticketholders, with a private VIP Champagne Garden Bar styled by Business & Pleasure Co, and a food and drink service direct to your blanket, powered by Liively.
As a family-friendly event, children under 12 are free to attend.
For all the deets and to snag your ticket (starting at $79), shimmy over to hotjazzpicnic.com.