The world’s largest light, music and ideas festival returns to light up Sydney’s in the anticipated annual 18 day event, from 22 May to 8 June.
Sydney’s iconic landmarks and urban spaces are transformed by 3D projections and light installations to create visual art, discovery and inspiration.
Vivid Sydney stretches across The Rocks, circular Quay, Darling Harbour, Walsh Bay, Martin Place, The Star and right across to Central Park in Chippendale, Chatswood ot the city’s north.
Some Vivid Sydney Top Picks:
- Sydney Opera House will once again transform the sails into a colourful living Mural.
- Hug a three-metre crocheted Dolly with the Sydney Opera House in the background #ilovesydney
- Martin Place has an incredible light displaying including Robotanic, Spectra and Drum Circle. Take on your friends with a ‘game of drones’, live art projections.
- Chatswood is offering an underwater aquatic story of Norbert and the Nautilus, visit the Cabana Bar and 4 Pines Rooftop Bar.
- Dance lovers, head to Vivid Sydney’s new precinct, Central Park on a Friday or Saturday night to bust a move alongside Reko Rennie and Beastman’s street art inspired work, Silent Disco from 7pm. Choose your beats and dance way to tracks, head upstairs to Keystone’s pop-up bar for a drink.
- Italio dining and disco at the Carriageworks, pop-up restaurant from Icebergs Dining Room & Bar, Da Orazio Pizza + Porcheta
More free fun for families and more:
- Monster World – here’s your chance for your little monsters to meet the ‘digital monsters’ in The Rocks. As people approach the installation little monsters follow your movements, occasionally mimicking their gestures.
- Swing glow – An illuminated and interactive swing set will colour the air as children and adults swing into the night.
- Beatdice – Pick up the glowing sensor cubes or ‘beatdice’ to make some music and light the space.
- Inter/play – Cadmans Cottage turns into a magical canvas as people move in front of the Cottage.
- Game of Drones – Take control of the playful and colour drone in a skyward bumper race powered by Intel-tablets.
- Mission Control – Where anyone is able to control a light show that will bring The Star rooftop and the Vivid Lounge at Sky Terrace alive.
There is so much to do and see at this years Vivid Sydney festival, so hope the list helps and if you require further information, check out these links direct form Vivide Sydney’s website, Lights, Music, Ideas.