Tourism Northern Territory’s film ‘Seek Different’, created by KWP!, has been named the World’s Best Tourism Film – Region after being awarded the top prize at the 2021 International Committee of Tourism (CIFFT) Film Festivals Circuit held overnight in Valencia, Spain.
The circuit brings together the World’s Best Tourism Film Festivals from four continents, making it the most prestigious awards and recognition initiative for travel marketing. Over the course of the year-long competition, ‘Seek Different’ collected 15 trophies including five Grand Prix. This put the Northern Territory and KWP! at the top of the ranking list, beating 3300 other entries from more than 90 countries, to claim first prize.
This is the second time KWP! has won the global award. They previously achieved the honour in 2014 for their ‘Be Consumed’ film for South Australia’s Barossa, featuring the unforgettable Nick Cave soundtrack. This makes KWP! the first Australian agency to win the CIFFT Circuit twice.
Corey Swaffer, Executive Creative Director at KWP said of the win, “We entered the CIFFT Circuit because we believed we had a special film in ‘Seek Different’ and it’s now great to know that a lot of other, well-respected people from all around the world believe it is special too.”
It has been a tough 18 months for the tourism industry in the NT but success in the CIFFT Circuit has put the Territory top-of-mind with an eager international audience who are looking forward to travelling again.
Tony Quarmby, Executive Director of Marketing at Tourism NT added, “This big win is further evidence that the Northern Territory is viewed as one of best places to visit when international borders open. Not only have we been one of the safest destinations during the pandemic but we still hold tremendous amounts of domestic and international appeal as an iconic holiday destination with spectacular scenery, unique nature, 65,000 year old indigenous culture as well as adventurous experiences envied throughout the world.”
Tristan Glover, Group Business Director at KWP said, “We are over the moon that we’ve achieved a first by becoming the only creative agency to top the circuit twice.”
Below is the complete list of the awards ‘Seek Different’ won on the 2021 CIFFT Circuit
- 1st Prize in Tourism Destinations – Region at the 21st Golden City Gate (ITB) Awards in Germany
- The Diamond Award (GRAND PRIX of the festival) at the 21st Golden City Gate (ITB) Awards
- Gold in Tourism Destinations – Region at the International Tourism Film Festival Africa (ITFFA) in South Africa
- GRAND PRIX ITFFA 2021
- Gold Award in Tourism Destination – Regions at the International Tourism Film Festival Turkey 2021
- Gold in Tourism Destinations – Region at the 2021 Terres Travel Festival – Films & Creativity in Spain
- GRAND PRIX for best of show at 2021 Terres Travel Festival
- Blue Danube – Promotion of the Region (1st Place) at SILAFEST in Serbia
- GRAND PRIX at SILAFEST
- Gold Medal at the 2021 New York Festivals TV & Film Awards in USA
- 1st Place in Tourism Destinations – Region at ART&TUR in Portugal
- The Best Tourist Destination 1st Place – Region at Zagreb Tourfilm in Croatia
- GRAND PRIX for The Best of the Zagreb Tourfilm Festival
- 1st Place in Tourism Destinations – Region at Tourfilm Riga in Latvia
- 1st Prize in The Best Promotional Film – Region at FilmAT in Poland
- Silver Dolphin in Tourism Films at the Cannes Corporate Media & TV Awards in France
- 1st Place in Tourism Destinations – Regions on the CIFFT Ranking List