Dessert: Tarta de fresas con rosas (Rose Strawberry Shortcake)
Prep TIme: 30 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
• 2 tablespoons baking powder
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 8 tablespoons cold butter cubed
• 1 cup whole milk
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 1 punnet of strawberries (thinly sliced)
• 1 lemon
• Rose water
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• Optional filling: watermelon slice
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 1/3 cup powdered sugar
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Rose water
• Optional layer: Dulce de Leche
• Preheat oven to 200’C degrees. Lightly grease round/square cake pan.
• In a food processor, mix together flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add in butter cubes and pulse until the mixture resembles cornmeal. Pour in the milk and heavy cream and pulse until a sticky dough forms.
• Divide dough into three. Press into the bottom of the prepared pans into a flat, smooth layer.
• Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until tops begin to turn a golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
• Meanwhile, add strawberries to a large mixing bowl and toss them together with lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar.
• Whip the heavy cream with powdered sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla extract using either a hand or stand mixer until the cream forms stiff peaks.
• Assemble cake once completely cooled with strawberries and whipped cream between each layer. Store in the fridge.
By sharing images of ‘What’s On Your Fork?’ to Stanley Rogers’ Instagram account (@stanley.rogers) and using the hashtag #WhatsOnYourForkAustralia, you can share in a wide variety of prizes. Each week for 6 weeks, Stanley Rogers will be giving away multiple prizes of cutlery, cookware and knives to the best images and engaging stories, culminating in a grand prize. Click here for further details on how you can enter and win. Don’t forget to tag @travel.lifestyleblog on Instagram, as I’m curious about your delicious food.