When I was asked to participate in Stanley Rogers, ‘What’s On Your Fork?’ campaign. I didn’t know what to cook and share, as my cooking skills is very limited haha. However, I do appreciate the influences that is added to the pot, pan, dish or plate.
Together in celebrating Australia’s rich diverse cuisine culture. I’m sharing three meals that are an important part of my diverse upbringing.
Entree: Espaguetis con Gambas (Spaghetti with prawns)
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 cup onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• Salt and pepper
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• Red chili flakes (add to desired heat)
• 1/2 cup tomato paste
• Optional add: Spanish chorizo, sliced
• Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails on. Set aside.
• Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
• Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the onion and cooked until soft 2 to 3 minutes, then add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute longer.
• Add the shrimp and cook until they begin turning opaque around the edges, 1 to 2 minutes.
• Add the tomato paste and season with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
• Continue cooking for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, add desired red chili flakes
• Remove from the heat completely and cover to keep warm.
• Cook and drain the spaghetti according to package directions.
• Combine the spaghetti with the shrimp mixture
By sharing images of ‘What’s On Your Fork?’ to Stanley Rogers’ Instagram account (@stanley.rogers) and using the hashtag #WhatsOnYourForkAustralia, you can share in a wide variety of prizes. Each week for 6 weeks, Stanley Rogers will be giving away multiple prizes of cutlery, cookware and knives to the best images and engaging stories, culminating in a grand prize. Click here for further details on how you can enter and win. Don’t forget to tag @travel.lifestyleblog on Instagram, as I’m curious about your delicious food.