Have you ever flown across the ocean for more than eight hours on a flight? It is exhausting no matter where the destination is, we have cross time-zones and our body has no clue what day or time it is.
For some, when I travel i’m on a mission to watch as many new movies I can and press that service bell to continue the flow of snacks and beverages. But seriously, what is with the jet lag when you arrive at your destination, besides from the bed hair (afro not included). Reading or watching movies – there is no point straining your eyes (switch on the lights) and if you wear specs, wear them! I choose to wear my Derek Cardigan specs.
During your flight, move around on the plane. Exercise your legs from time to time, this will help prevent cramping. Remaining active also revitalizes and refreshes your body, wards off stiffness which can ease the symptoms of jet lag.
Wear comfortable shoes and clothes. Avoid items that are tight, restrict movement and can make you uncomfortable. Think about the climate of your destination when deciding what to wear. Being comfortable on the flight will make your jet lag recovery more comfortable. I recommend from Lululemon Athletica, ABC Pants or In-City Limits Pants.
For some, a combination of eating and simply resting may cure the lag. For others, staying awake long enough to adjust to the local time zone is the answer. If you want to beat the lag on your next US trip, why not add a stopover in health and wellness haven, Santa Monica, and try these invigorating remedies that are bound to fix your sleeping patterns quick smart. The weather is perfect for this time of year and sunnies are a must so pack your Joseph Marcs from clearly.com.au
- Jump on a bike – breathe in fresh sea air as you cycle along the beachfront on the world famous Santa Monica bike path and let the Californian sunshine awaken your sleepy self. Stop in at local eateries as you cycle along the path to Venice Beach and finish with a refreshing dip in the ocean at sunset.www.smbikecenter.com
SM Bike Center @SMBikeCenter @smbikecenter
- Kreation Kafé – invigorate the mind and body by flooding yourself with vitamins, minerals, and enzymes that cleanse, heal and nourish all at once. Give your body the produce it deserves; from sautéed spinach with organic eggs to fresh organic blueberry pancakes drizzled with Mona Vie açai blend. You can even opt for a dash of chlorophyll in your water as an added boost of energy! www.kreationkafe.net
Kreation Juice @KreationJuice @kreationjuice
- Exhale Santa Monica Studio and Spa – boasting a full menu of massage, cleansing facials, acupuncture and healing therapies, this intimate spa nestled within the luxurious Fairmont Miramar Hotel and Bungalows will give your skin and body the loving it needs after travelling. www.exhalespa.com/locations/los-angeles-santa-monica
Exhale Spa @exhalespa
- Annenberg Beach House – enjoy a retreat at this historic millionaire’s playground. Take a swim in the original mansion pool, get active with beach volleyball or stand up paddle boarding, tour the Marion Davies Guest House, or little ones can take advantage of the playground and splash pad water feature! Refuel with a bite to eat at the Back on the Beach café and enjoy a beer or wine as you people watch from your beachfront vantage point. www.beachhouse.smgov.net
Annenberg Beach House @SMBeachHouse
- Explore the wonders of Santa Monica Pier – No trip to Santa Monica is complete without a visit to the iconic Ferris wheel and Rollercoaster atop of Santa Monica Pier, or having your photo taken at the famous sign which marks the end of Route 66. Make a day of it and enjoy the sunset with fish and chips at the end of the pier. santamonicapier.org
The Santa Monica Pier
Flying to Santa Monica
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is the closest airport to Santa Monica, with direct bus service, FlyAway buses and shuttles. LAX FlyAway® offers FlyAway bus service between LAX and Santa Monica. Fly into LA with Qantas/Virgin
Getting to the airport (within Australia)
When I travel to and from Sydney Airport, I choose to travel with Elite Transporters, executive chauffeurs for all occasions. For enquiries call +61 0413 494 841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Worldcare is an Australian-operated company that has been providing travel insurance to Australians for more than 20 years. Worldcare policies are underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd, a member of one of the world’s leading insurance groups.
Worldcare comprehensive travel insurance offers unlimited cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits, as well as luggage and personal effects cover, travel delay and alternative transport expenses, rental vehicle excess and much more.#
Whether you’re a frequent traveller or are planning a one-off holiday in Australia or abroad, Worldcare has a range of policies for all types of travellers. For a quote, visit www.worldcare.com.au
#Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for details. Worldcare Travel Insurance is a trading name of AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL No. 245631 (AGA) which issues and manages travel insurance as agent of the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd ABN 15 000 122 800 AFSL No. 234708 (Allianz). Worldcare Travel Insurance has supported Travel & Lifestyle with a 12-month travel insurance policy. The views and opinions expressed by Travel & Lifestyle are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of AGA or Allianz.