You won’t need any usual ingredients to make this cake that feels like a special treat; you likely already have everything you need right in your kitchen. The cake itself is moist, dense, and has plenty of lemon flavour. The icing is extra lemony and takes literally seconds to make.
Salted Coconut Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze
Recipe developer/photographer: Melissa Darr
Equipment: Rose Gold Bundt Pan 21cm
200g unsalted butter, softened
1cups caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut extract
1 tsp salt
2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
250ml unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 cups pure icing sugar, softed
1 tbsp lemon juice to decorate
Dried rose buds, torn
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease your Wiltshire Bundt Pan 21 Cm x 9cm. Place the butter, sugar, vanilla, coconut extract, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 5 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. On low speed, add the flour, coconut milk and desiccated coconut in two batches until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and level the top. Bake for 50 minutes until the top is golden and a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cover with foil if the cake is getting too dark.
2. Stand the cake in the pan for 5 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
3. To make the glaze: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth. Add a little more lemon juice as per your taste.
4. Place the cake on a cake plate and drizzle over the lemon icing. Allow standing for 5 minutes until the icing is set slightly before decorating.
5. Decorate with dried rose buds, shredded coconuts and edible flowers.