Vinyl record players dates back to 1877, much to that it was called the phonograph invented by Thomas Edison. During the 1930’s is where we would have heard music playing from the record – that gatsby life. It’s 2017 and Synergy Audio Visual, Australia’s leading high-end audio distributor, has launched a gorgeous Gloss Red edition of the Planar 2 from leading UK turntable brand Rega – the perfect Christmas gift for the vinyl enthusiast!
Rega utilises lightweight and rigid plinths, which prevent energy absorption and unwanted resonance that would otherwise add unnatural distortions to the music. From this, the Planar 2 delivers high levels of performance, offering a noticeable jump in sound quality. Improved liquidity, controlled resonances and reduced friction offer a cleaner and clearer sound experience with greater transparency for the highest resolution audio – for music buffs and vinyl lovers alike.
Steadily evolving from generation to generation, the Planar 2 is an easy-to-use, plug-and-play turntable that will have the recipient jumping for joy when unwrapping it this Christmas day. Featuring its iconic central bearing glass platter, stylish gloss acrylic plinth and RB220 tonearm, the Rega Planar 2 boasts expert motor control and re-designed feet for reduced vibration. These ground-breaking features also include Rega-designed custom bearings and an automatic bias adjustment making it one of the simplest turntables on the market to set-up, whilst delivering unparalleled sound quality – something you’ve come to expect from Rega.
The plinth is laminated with acrylic skins to provide a stiff yet light chassis for motor, bearing and arm to lock onto. The Planar 2 also has an 11mm self-securing brass bearing that’s designed for minimum stress and thus low energy transfer, and a 10mm glass platter – a world first for turntables at this price level. The Planar 2 is also supplied with Rega’s Carbon moving magnet cartridge ready fitted so that all you need to do is screw on the counterweight to get started. The RB220 tonearm is a new ultra-low friction model with zero-play bearings housed in a stiff and light aluminium housing. The tonearm was also developed with a new automatic bias setting negating the need for the user to set bias, making it almost completely plug and play apart from simple arm balancing. The new housing also includes an integrated arm clip and uses Rega’s latest custom aluminum arm tube.
- RB220 tonearm – hand assembled, developed with 3D CAD technology to ensure this arm will exhibit fewer points of possible resonance.
- Plinth – high gloss acrylic laminated plinth available in two finishes: gloss black or white
- Central Bearing housing – brass main central bearing, offering improved fit and reducing stress on bearing itself
- Motor – new 24v low noise, low vibration motor assembly and new PCB
- Platter – float glass ‘Optiwhite’ 10mm – Improved accuracy platter
- Hub bearing -new 11mm self-securing brass bearing (Patent Pending)
- Re-designed feet – new improved foot assembly to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer
- Carbon cartridge – supplie
- Motor cover tray – with integrated cooling
- Balance Weight – 100g mid steel balance weight for accurate tonearm positioning
- Dimensions (lid closed): 11.7cm (H) x 44.7cm (W) x 36cm (D)
- Weight – 6kg
Rega Planar 2 in Gloss Red is available now from Synergy Audio Visual and leading specialist retailers for AUD RRP $849.