Join Australia’s brightest chefs for the inaugural R U OK? Dinner, presented by Merivale
Australia’s best and brightest culinary masterminds are joining forces for an extraordinary fund raising evening. The ‘R U OK? Dinner presented by Merivale’, will be held on Tuesday 8 September at Sydney’s Ivy Ballroom, raising money for R U OK?
The power of the conversation as told by Aussies (R U OK?)
Captained by the revered Jeremy Strode, Executive Chef of Merivale’s Bistrode CBD and an R U OK? Ambassador, the exceptional line-up of chefs will form groups of two or three to collaborate on a set course. The result will be an impressive seven course feast, passionately prepared by all chefs who are donating their time and expertise to this not-to-be-missed epicurean extravaganza, accompanied by an array of wine and live entertainment.
Tickets are on sale now from http://www.ruok.org.au/chefsdinner. $3,500 per table (10 pax) or $350 for a single ticket.
The line up includes:
- Ben Greeno – Paddington Arms, Merivale (Sydney)
- Brent Savage – Bentley, Yellow & Monopole (Sydney)
- Ben Shewry – Attica (Melbourne)
- Dan Hunter – Brae (Victoria)
- Colin Fassnidge – Four in Hand & 4 Fourteen (Sydney)
- Dan Pepperell – 10 William St (Sydney)
- Danielle Alvarez – Paddington, Merivale (Sydney)
- David Swain – Fino (South Australia)
- Darren Robertson & Mark Lebrooy – The Three Blue Ducks (Sydney)
- Greg Malouf – CLE (Dubai)
- Ian Curley – The European (Melbourne)
- Jane Strode – Bistrode CBD, Merivale (Sydney)
- Jeremy Strode – Bistrode CBD & The Fish Shop, Merivale (Sydney)
- Jonathan Barthelmess – Apollo & Cho Cho San (Sydney)
- Luke Burgess – ex-Garagistes (Tasmania)
- Morgan McGlone – Belles Hot Chicken & Bar Clarine (Melbourne)
- Thomas Lim – Goldies (Los Angeles)
Wine will be provided courtesy of Jeremy’s favourite local wineries and importers including Andrew Guard, Bibendum, Crawford River, Curly Flat, Garagistes and Tim Stock. All produce is kindly supplied by Cooks Co-Op, Feather & Bone, Nicholas Seafood’s and Vic’s Meats. The event will be MC’d by Comedian Paul McCarthy.
Jeremy Strode said: “We, as an industry, are becoming much more aware of the need to know how our employees and workmates are going, not just in the workplace but outside too. The hospitality industry is renowned for its unforgiving nature, adding pressure personally and on our relationships. Having the foresight and taking the time to have a conversation with someone you may or may not know and asking if they’re ok, is a wonderful thing.”
Funds raised from this event will support R U OK?’s Community Ambassador program, which enables local engagement with schools, community groups and workplaces to encourage regular, meaningful conversations.
R U OK? Dinner
A special event presented by Merivale
Tickets on sale: $3,500 per table (10pax), $350 single ticket, www.ruok.org.au/chefsdinner
Date: 8 September 2015
Venue:level 1, ivy, 320 George Street, Sydney
R U OK Day? @ruokday R U OK Day? #ruok
About R U OK?
Do you or a loved one need help? Find help now. R U OK? is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to encouraging and empowering all people to ask “are you ok?” of anyone struggling with life. Our vision is a world where everyone is connected and is protected from suicide. Find out more: ruok.org.au