Now in its eighth year, the Pyrmont Festival has paired with the award-winning Orange Wine Region, and will launch their partnership from 15 September 2018.
Festivities will begin at Pirrama Park, where the annual two-day food and wine festival will welcome crowds of thousands to taste the best of Pyrmont and Orange on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 September. An event designed for the whole family, with live music, local and Orange region artists showcasing in the renowned Tap Gallery Pyrmont Festival Art Prize, art classes in the park, rides and children’s entertainment, and approximately 100 stalls where guests can mingle with winemakers, participate in tastings and sample an extensive range of gourmet bites and regional produce.
Following the weekend launch this year will be a 10-day culinary journey throughout Pyrmont, where local restaurants, bars and eateries have collaborated with wine-makers and brands from the Orange region to offer dedicated tastings and exclusive events for their customers.
In keeping with the spirit of renewal and growth, Lawrence Gibbons – Pyrmont Festival Producer said the idea to align with a new wine region and to move the festival to Spring, made complete sense.
“The Pyrmont Festival is now in its eighth year, and it was time to bring the people of Pyrmont, Ultimo and the broader city of Sydney a refreshed and renewed festival – starting by changing the festival to take place in Spring. We are also delighted to be partnering with the award-winning Orange Wine Region, and look forward to showcasing the best of the cool-climate winemaking central NSW has to offer.”
The Pyrmont Festival, has quickly become one of Sydney’s premier cultural events and favourite among foodies and wine lovers, placing Pyrmont on the map as one of the most engaging food and wine destinations in the city. This year, the festival provides Sydney-siders the unique opportunity to experience the wine and culinary delights of the Orange region, just 2kms from the CBD.
More information on dining highlights:
- Sun 16 Sept: Terminus Hotel and Printhie Wines & Pioneer Brewing: An after-party at the Terminus Hotel following the Pirrama Park Festival from 4pm onwards. T: 02 9692 0301
- Wed 19 Sept: Mister Percy and Ross Hill & Philip Shaw Wines: A Mediterranean degustation meal at Mister Percy Wine Bar in Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour. T: 02 8586 1888
- Wed 19 Sept: The Apprentice and Angullong Wines: The rising star of Sydney’s hospitality industry prepares a multi-course meal perfectly paired with wines. T: 02 9217 5527
- Thur 20 Sept: Whirly Bird and Tamburlaine Wines: A degustation of fine poultry and matching wines. T: 02 9660 7134
- Fri 21 Sept: Café Morso and SeeSaw Wines: Situated on the historic Jones Bay wharf in Pyrmont, the waterfront venue will host a lunchtime degustation paired with SeeSaw wines. T: 02 9692 0111
- Sat 22 Sept: Bar Zini and Philip Shaw Wines: Pyrmont’s own little slice of Florence presents authentic Italian food with wines from Philip Shaw. T: 02 9660 5718
- Pyrmont Point Hotel: Pyrmont’s favourite local dining pub will be serving an extensive range of Orange wines throughout the festival. T: 02 9660 1908
- Porters Liquor Pyrmont: The cellar will be hosting wine tastings throughout the festival, showcasing a range of Orange wines from Angullong, Philip Shaw, Printhie and Ross Hill. T: 029571 8555
The Orange region, just 3.5-hours drive from Sydney in Central West NSW is one of the State’s first established wine regions and the ideal location to slow down and savour the good life! It is renowned for its fresh produce, award-winning wines, charming accommodation, as well as excellent art, music, nature and historical experiences.