Sometimes a little bit of fancy is needed, a late morning view of Sydney’s Hyde Park with a good friend over some delicious high tea at Pullman Sydney Hyde Park.
High Tea at Cafe Thirty6 has returned for the month of May, promising an afternoon of delicious savoury and sweet delights that you can enjoy. Not to mention a selection of blooming teas or Taittinger champagne.
So what’s on offer every weekend?
* Smoked Chicken, Celery, apple and walnut ribbon
* Roast Beef, Moroccan Mabutcha, arugula, cucumber
* Smoked salmon triple stack, baby capers, cream cheese, brioche
* Chicken and vegetable ragout filo
* Croquette manchego cheese and corn
* Freshly baked fruit scones with straberry jam and vanilla bean cream
Sweets you shouldn’t but should…
* Polenta and passionfruit baby cake
* Salted dulche de leche caramel and chocolate tarlet
* Signature Cromuff ->> what?! yes, the mini-muffin bottom with a crossiant head.
Service was a little slow for the amount of guests currently dining, there was one person on the floor who seems to be a little busy behind the bar cleaning I guess but had her back to guests. So we couldn’t make any eye contact to ask to replenish our water. Eventually, what seemed to be a shift change and waving to the attendant, we got some water and ordered our tea.
Flowering tea or blooming tea consist of a bundle of dried tea leaves wrapped around one or more dried flowers. These are made by binding tea leaves and flowers together into a bulb and are then set to dry. Once you immerse the tea bulb into hot water, watch it slowly bloom in a flower.
* Green Tea, Marigold, Jasmine and Globe Amaranth
* Black Tea, Globe Amaranth, Red Lily, Jasmine Chocolate
* Green Tea, Red Lily, Jasmine and Peach (fruit)
* White Tea, Lavender and Hibiscus (Rosella) Rose
High Tea in May is available at Cafe Thirty6, located on the ground floor of the hotel. Each Saturday and Sunday from 11.30am – 4pm.
$49 per person includes a glass of Taittinger champagne on arrival and a loose leaf Dilmah Tea.
$59 per person includes a glass of Taittinger champagne on arrival and blooming tea of your choice
Bookings are essential so make sure you contact the restaurant.