All you need is the right ingredients to create fun cocktails for NYE at home. As much as I do love cocktails, but beating the crowd is high on the list. With Tia Maria in the cupboard, how hard could this be?
* Vodka Cranberry – two ingredients, ice in glass and viola.
* Black Russian – vodka and a coffee liqueur, ice in glass and Zazdarovje
* Harvey Wallbanger – vodka, Galliano and OJ, ice in glass and Cheers!
Meanwhile, I’m pretty sure Danilo Migliorini, bartender at Eau De Vie and Tia Maria ambassador just gave me the look.
Ok sure, Danilo did put together his top tips for being the ultimate host and wowing your guests with some of his best cocktails.
1. Measuring the ingredients is very important in order to make a perfectly balanced cocktail. A slight change to the recipe can heavily impact the taste of your cocktail. And if you’re like me, best to taste multiple times to ensure you got it right.
2. Colour is key! A bright garnish is important to finish any cocktail and make it look extra-special. Danilo doesn’t recommend those paper umbrella… but if your making a tropical punch (just don’t tell him).
3. Fresh juices and ingredients are preferred and the flavour will taste different. Be wise in what you buy vs the bottle versions.
4. Chilled cocktails are always a hit when soaking up the summer sun, so make sure your ice cubes are not to big so it can fit in the glass haha. Perhaps chill your fancy glasses in the fridge and bring them out when ready.
5. Presentation is everything. Don’t underestimate simple touches, like a stylish cocktail glass, to bring your creation to life. (I got the same look again with my umberalla idea). Whether it’s a fancy glass, adding a sugar rim or layers of colour in the cocktails. Give it a go
You and I can never go wrong with the Tia Espresso Martini. If Mr Gatsby approves of the classic evening pick-me-up since its creation in the 1980s. It’s as delicious today as it always has been.
25ml Tia Maria
Double or single shot of espresso (or even perhaps an alternative like Mr Black)
5ml Sugar Syrup
Fill a martini glass with ice and set aside to chill. Pour Tia Maria, vodka and espresso into a cocktail shaker. Fill the rest of the shaker with ice. Shake the ingredients together. Empty the martini glass of ice. Pour in the contents of the shaker using a strainer and sieve into the glass. Finish with three coffee beans.
30ml Tia Maria
10ml creme de cacao dark
Mix all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake it! Strain the mixture twice
before serving in a martini glass and garnish with a bit of chocolate.
RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE
30ml Tia Maria
20ml lime juice
10ml coconut syrup
Pour all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake it. Strain and serve in a tiki
style glass for a tropical feeling.
What’s your favourite ‘at home’ cocktail?