Are you ready to make a delicious dessert? Look no further than the Nutella® Pavlova Cloud, a delightful creation by the renowned pastry chef Katherine Sabbath. This will leave your taste buds dancing with joy. But that’s not all; Nutella has exciting news to sweeten the deal. Offering shoppers a chance to win one of 500 limited-edition Nutella X SUNNYLiFE picnic sets and blankets valued at $300.
The Nutella X SUNNYLiFE Promotion: Before we dive into the dreamy details of the Nutella® Pavlova Cloud, let’s talk about the incredible promotion that’s making waves in stores. From 1 September to 26 October 2023, Nutella lovers have the opportunity to win a limited-edition Nutella X SUNNYLiFE picnic set and blanket valued at $300. To enter this exciting competition, all you need to do is purchase a specially marked jar of Nutella during the promotion period and follow the prompts on the jar. Remember, terms and conditions apply, so be sure to read the fine print for all the details.
The Nutella® Pavlova Cloud Recipe
For the Pavlova Meringue:
- 8 large egg whites, chilled
- 2 cups (440g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour (cornstarch), sifted
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
For Decoration & Assembly of the Meringue:
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) thick (double) cream
- 150g Nutella
- 1 1/2 cups (230g) macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
- Piping bag, cut at the tip
- Preheat the oven to 120°C (235°F) fan-forced and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the egg whites on high. When the whites have thickened, turn the mixer to low speed and slowly add the caster sugar.
- Whisk on high speed until the whisk leaves a trail in the meringue as it goes around.
- Turn the machine off only momentarily in order to add the cornflour, then return to full speed and add the white wine vinegar and vanilla.
- Continue mixing at full speed until the meringue has reached stiff peaks.
- Dollop the meringue mixture onto the trays to form three discs 15cm (6 inches) in diameter. You may need an offset spatula to help you gently spread the meringue outwards.
- Place both baking trays into the oven and immediately reduce the oven to 100°C (200°F) fan-forced. Bake for 2 hours. Once baked, turn the oven off and allow the meringue to cool completely in the oven.Tasty Tip: Make sure that both the mixing bowl and the whisk are clean and dry, as any moisture or fat will stop the egg whites from forming a meringue. It is also important to add the sugar slowly or the meringue will collapse.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Place a meringue disc on a serving plate. Dollop whipped cream into the centre of the meringue and push to the outer edge. Scatter some toasted macadamia nuts over the cream. Place Nutella into a small piping bag (or a zip-lock bag with the bottom corner cut at the tip) and pipe in strokes over the top. Repeat this process twice more until you have three layers.
- Tasty Tip: This pavlova is best enjoyed on the same day as assembly. It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can make the meringues 1 week ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in a dry environment until needed for assembly.