Australia’s favourite non-dairy milk brand, Inside Out, has launched a range of nutritious and affordable non-dairy long-life milk.
As the demand for a dairy-free lifestyle shows no sign of slowing, the homegrown brand that started out at Sydney’s farmers markets, will bring its unique formula of fresh, locally sourced active ingredients to the UHT milk aisle, offering health-conscious Aussies lactose, cholesterol-free, vegan and paleo diet-friendly milk alternatives.
Inspired by their original and best-selling fresh almond milk, which uses only the very highest quality pressed Australian almonds, Inside Out’s long-life range is made from 100% Australian premium, non-GMO, clean ingredients, with no added sugar, artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives.
To kick off the new product launch and showcase the nutritious range, Inside Out has partnered with nutritionist and dietitian, Millie Padula, to develop a series of healthy, delicious recipes that show just how easy it is to include plant-based milk into your everyday life.
Recipes include Almond Milk Banana Pops, Almond & Vanilla Breakfast Smoothie, Oat & Mango Breakfast Nice-Cream, Creamy Almond Butter & Apple Overnight Oats and Choc Oat Mousse.
Millie says, “I understand how good the body feels when we opt for better dietary choices that support our health and wellbeing and I am delighted that the brand is bringing a UHT range to the supermarket shelves.
As a Dietitian, I advocate for a nutritionally balanced diet which includes making conscious choices for our health and our environment, and this includes incorporating plant-based milk every day in a way that you enjoy. Long-life plant-based milk, like Inside Out’s range which contains necessary nutrients such as calcium, offers a healthy alternative to milk without compromising on taste.”
Speaking of what consumers can expect from the exciting new range, Anthony Tuong, CEO and Co-Founder, Inside Out says, “Our fresh almond milk has been a long-standing best- seller since we launched it at Bondi and Beaches farmer’s markets years ago. We know that many Aussies are increasingly looking to try a plant based diet, and so we wanted to bring our range of nutritious, healthy and fresh products to the long-life aisle, to offer consumers more choice.”
The brand also has sustainability and carbon footprint reduction front of mind, with packaging for its UHT range made from 63% renewable materials. The paperboard used for each carton is sourced from Forest Stewardship Council certified forests, which means every tree that is used is replaced. A bio cap made of plant based material is also in the pipeline for August 2021, which will bring the brand’s UHT packaging to 68% recycled materials.
The range includes Unsweetened Almond, Barista Almond, Milkish Almond (which includes protein, calcium, vitamins D2 and B12), Unsweetened Oat and Milkish Oat (protein, calcium, vitamins D2, B12), each in an easy-to-use and eco-friendly carton.
Inside Out’s new UHT milk range is stocked in Woolworths supermarkets nationwide and launching in independent retailers in the coming months. You can also find the barista range in local cafes.
Have you got a favourite recipe you would like to share? Would love to read them. Here are a couple below from Millie.
Almond Milk Banana Pops
● 4 bananas, halved
● ~60g of chocolate
● 1/4 cup of Inside Out Almond Milk
● Crushed almonds
● 8 skewers/icy-pole sticks
1. Thread the bananas onto a skewer or icy-pole stick
2. Melt the chocolate over the stove and slowly add small amounts of Inside Out Almond Milk until the mixture is smooth and creamy
3. Dip the bananas into the chocolate and top with crushed almonds
4. Place onto a lined baking tray and leave them in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
Almond & Vanilla Breakfast Smoothie
● 1 cup of Inside Out Almond Milk
● 1 banana or 1 cup of berries
● 1 tbsp of almond butter
● 1 tsp of vanilla extract
● 1 tsp of chia seeds
● 1/4 cup of rolled oats
1. Blitz in a high speed blender until well combined.
Oat & Mango Breakfast Nice-Cream
● 1/2 cup of Inside Out Oat Milk
● 1/2 cup of rolled oats
● 1 cup of frozen mango
● 1 frozen banana
1. Blitz together in a high speed blender
2. If required, place into the freezer for 1-2 hours and serve with fresh mango, shredded coconut and rolled oats
Creamy Almond Butter & Apple Overnight Oats
● 50g of rolled oats
● 150ml of Inside Out Milk-ish Almond Milk
● 2 tsp of liquid sweetener of choice
● 2 tsp of almond butter
● 1 tsp of cinnamon
● 1/4 green apple, grated
● Fresh Berries to serve
1. Place all of the ingredients into a mason jar or small bowl and pop into the fridge overnight
2. If the mixture becomes dry, add additional Inside Out Milk-ish Almond Milk upon serving
3. Serve with fresh berries and sliced apple
Choc Oat Mousse
● 300g of silken tofu
● 200g of dark chocolate
● 180ml of Inside Out Milk-Ish Oat Milk
● Fresh berries to serve
1. Place silken tofu, melted chocolate and Inside Out Milk-ish Oat Milk into a blender until smooth
2. Pop the mousse into the fridge for 4 hours. Serve with fresh berries