How much water do I need to drink? Are you drinking enough water? Why do I feel sluggish? – do any of these questions sound familiar?
A busy schedule can make it hard to remember to get up and refill your water bottle/glass. I personally find it when I’m at work I pretty good at hydrating, but when I’m at home, I tend to forget. We all can encourage ourselves to drink more throughout the day and take on some helpful tips.
- Invest in a reusable bottle (every step to reduce plastic in the world). Try Oasis Insulated, S’well Insulated, Frank Green Ceramic, or Target Insulated.
- Keep a bottle of water with you during the day
- Flavour infusion – try adding fresh berries, mint, or a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime.
- Increase your intake of hydrating foods. Fruits with more water include oranges, lemons, grapes, watermelon, or kiwifruit. Veggies you could eat as snacks include cucumber and celery.
- For the colder months, soups are a great way to increase hydration. Try The Goods Bone Broth, Hart & Soul, or True food Pitango.
- Pour your favourite herbal tea or coffee in a cup over ice and enjoy a refreshing iced version.
- Coconut water is pretty great if your tired of normal h2o. Try out Cocobella, H2Coco, or Raw C.
- Smoothies and fresh juices are hydration drinks packed full of nutrition particularly when you include the fruit and vegetable pulp.
- Drinking milk can keep you hydrated. Choosing reduced-fat or skim milk (if weight management is a goal) or seek out out for calcium-enriched alternative milk for bone strength. Such as Inside Out, Sanitarium So Good, or Vitasoy.
- Hydralyte is scientifically formulated with the right ratio of glucose and electrolytes to rehydrate you faster than water alone. Try their Effervescent Electrolyte Tablets, Electrolyte Drink, or to keep warm, try the new Hot Hydration Drink.
Just by drinking or eathing water, you do your body a world of good.