Cosmetic Nurse, Sylvia Crouch has over 15 years of experience in the beauty and cosmetics industry. As the founder of Angel Aesthetics Clinics she has seen many clients come to her with skin concerns and looking to bring life back into dull, dehydrated and dry skin, especially at this time of year and coming into winter.
Check out these 6 tips to live by this Autumn; your skin will thank you!
- Use a gentle cleanser: Avoid using harsh soaps or cleansers that can strip your skin of its natural oils. Look for a gentle cleanser that is formulated for your skin type. Sylvia says, “you would be surprised at the amount of people using a cleanser for oily skin on their dry skin!”
- Hydration station: Hydration is key! Any chance you get to drink water – DO IT! Sylvia says she’s made a habit of filling a tall glass of water with ice to sip while she gets ready for a night out. Really making an effort to up your water intake throughout the day may be one you’re sick of hearing but it really is the answer to dry skin problems.
- Hyaluronic acid: Hyaluronic acid serum is your best friend! One trick Sylvia shares is to make sure the skin is damp with water to allow the hyaluronic acid to absorb into the skin.
- Vitamin C serum: This is a great way to brighten and hydrate skin complexion. As well as using a hyaluronic acid serum, make sure you apply a brightening Vitamin C to give your dry autumn skin a brightness boost! When using Vitamin C serum the face needs to be dry, so the best application is after your hyaluronic acid serum has dried into the skin.
- SPF: If there is one key takeaway Sylvia has to offer, it is always to wear broad-spectrum SPF. UV damage can make dry skin appear even worse. By ‘broad-spectrum’ SPF, this means sunscreen that protects from UVA and UVB rays.
- Avoid hot water: Avoid taking hot showers and baths and washing your face with hot water! Many don’t realise the damage this can cause, stripping the skin of natural oils. Sylvia comments: “Take short warm showers and baths but nothing of a ‘hot’ temperature. Lukewarm water when cleansing your face has many benefits including depuffing the early morning skin we often wake up with.”
It’s simple and doesn’t have to cost you a fortune, taking these steps are key to plump and hydrated skin this Autumn.