For 2023, Hendrick’s Gin will return as a major partner of Afterpay Australian Fashion Week, throwing the doors of the iconic Hendrick’s Gin Parlour open to the public once more. Taking up residence in Carriageworks for the duration of AAFW, the Hendrick’s Gin Parlour will boast a chic menu of classic and refreshingly curious cocktails, including the Hendrick’s Gin & Tonic, Hendrick’s Clover Club and the Hendrick’s Haute Couture.
2023 marks Hendrick’s Gin’s third year in partnership with Afterpay Australian Fashion Week, having delighted fashion lovers with premium designer partnerships, delectable drinking opportunities and even a cucumber on the runway.
With a penchant for championing the unusual and rewarding curiosity, Hendrick’s Gin and AAFW are synonymous in celebrating the individual, the whimsical and the imaginative; whilst remaining classically chic, bringing new innovations and trends to Australian style lovers.
In addition to the parlour’s return, Hendrick’s will unveil a new partnership with Michael Lo Sordo, providing several runways first moments. The partnership comes at a timely moment, with Michael Lo Sordo opening this year’s AAFW; a landmark moment celebrating the brand’s 10-year anniversary in 2023.
The Hendrick’s Gin Parlour will be pouring their most unusual signature Hendrick’s Gin cocktails, inspired by and exclusive to the AAFW experience from 15 May. The space will be accessible to all members of the public, not just AAFW ticket holders, bringing the glamour of fashion week off the runway, and proving not only ticket holders can experience Fashion Week.
For the first time ever, Hendrick’s Gin will in addition, be taking the flavour of Fashion Week outside of Carriageworks and into the iconic Smoke Rooftop Bar at Barangaroo House, for an exclusive celebration of Australian fashion called “Cocktails & Couture” from 2-22 May.
This activation will feature a bespoke Hendrick’s cocktail menu including the Hendrick’s Haute Couture, which has been carefully curated by Smoke Rooftop Bar to mark Hendrick’s and Michael Lo Sordo’s partnership, the Hendrick’s Gin & Tonic and the Hendrick’s Clover Club.
As part of this activation, Smoke Rooftop Bar will also exclusively display some of Michael Lo Sordo’s pieces including a gown from his AAFW23 collection, for those keen to experience the luxury outside of Carriageworks.
Hendrick’s Gin AAFW Bespoke Cocktail Menu
- Hendrick’s Gin & Tonic*: Your classic G&T, subtly floral and utterly refreshing.
- Hendrick’s Lunar Flora Dora: A unique combination of fruity and zesty, with a surprising ginger zing.
- Hendrick’s Neptunia & Alive Pink Grapefruit: Mouth-wateringly fresh and vibrant, a simple yet elegant taste sensation.
- Hendrick’s Clover Club*: This cocktail is shaken – not stirred – combining fruity, velvety and the perfect mix of sweet and sour.
- Hendrick’s Gin Basil Smash: Fresh, thirst quenching, sweet and herbal, garnished with a cucumber slice and basil leaf.
- Hendrick’s Haute Couture*: Curated by Smoke Bar, this cocktail is morish, sweet and bitter – a luxurious take on a timeless classic.
*available at Smoke Rooftop Bar