Tickets are now on sale for Elvis Week™ 2022, which will mark 45 years since Elvis Presley passed away with a multi-day gathering celebrating Elvis’ life and legacy.
The pop-culture phenomenon that has drawn thousands of music lovers on an annual pilgrimage will take over Graceland from 9 – 17 August, in what is expected to be the largest gathering of Elvis fans and friends in years.
Special guest appearances throughout the week will include Priscilla Presley, Elvis’ close personal friend Jerry Schilling, Cassandra Peterson aka Elvira Mistress of the Dark, TCB Band members James Burton and Glen Hardin and Estelle Brown of The Sweet Inspirations.
Elvis Week™ 2022 highlights include:
- Elvis tribute artist events will kick off Elvis Week 2022, including the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Content Semifinal and Final Rounds, featuring Elvis tribute artists from around the world competing for the 2022 title, and The Ultimate Return, a live concert featuring 10 past Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest winners. Other Elvis tribute artist events include Cody Ray Slaughter: One Night Only, the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Gospel Brunch, Ultimate ETA After-Parties, and two acoustic afternoons Elvis Unplugged Starring Dean Z shows. Click here for a list of Elvis tribute artist packages and tickets.
- Priscilla Presley and Jerry Schilling will each host an exclusive personal tour of Graceland.
- Thousands of fans will participate in the cornerstone event, the Candlelight Vigil, on Monday, 15 August, at Graceland’s front gate. Elvis music sets the tone of the evening as fans walk up the driveway to Meditation Garden. This event lasts throughout the night as thousands of participants gather on Elvis Presley Boulevard listening to music, remembering Elvis, and enjoying the memorials that are created by fans along the street. The Candlelight Vigil Ceremony will also be streamed live online for fans around the world to watch.
- A live concert experience Elvis Presley in Concert, featuring on-screen performances by Elvis himself, backed on stage by a live band with special appearances by Priscilla Presley and TCB Band members guitarist James Burton, piano player Glen Hardin, Terry Blackwood and The Imperials, former member of the Stamps Quartet Larry Strickland, and Sweet Inspiration Estelle Brown.
- Conversations on Elvis: The Man, The Music, The Legend will take place on 15 August at the Graceland Soundstage with a special guest appearance by Priscilla Presley, plus Jerry Schilling, Cassandra Peterson aka Elvira Mistress of the Dark, TCB Band members James Burton and Glen Hardin; Estelle Brown of The Sweet Inspirations, and others who knew him well.
- All the King’s Men Jam Session with musicians who shared the stage and studio with Elvis.
The Guest House at Graceland resort hotel is in the heart of the action and is home to many of the week’s shows, plus free nightly live entertainment and complimentary shuttle service throughout the Graceland campus. Rooms are still available for select nights of Elvis Week. Visit GracelandGuesthouse.com to make your room reservations.
Following the launch this month of new Graceland-partnered exhibit, Elvis: Direct from Graceland, at Bendigo Art Museum (running now until 17 July 2022), and the release of Baz Luhrmann’s Elvis in cinemas from 23 June, Elvis’ legacy is expected to inspire and engage more generations of Australasians this year than it has for decades.
Those planning an Elvis-inspired trip to Memphis should check out Memphis Tourism’s Ultimate Elvis Presley Bucket List itinerary, where fans can sit in the same café and order Elvis’ favourite Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich where he became a regular, shop at Lansky Brothers – the Clothier to The King, visit the studio he first recorded in and explore Elvis Presley’s Memphis entertainment complex, filled with exhibits and memorabilia belonging to him, including his famous pink Cadillac.
For a complete line-up of all Elvis Week shows, events and activities, go to ElvisWeek.com.