Responding to the rising popularity of cold brew amongst Australians and the demand for quality coffee at home, De’Longhi has released its new La Specialista Maestro, bringing the latest cold extraction technology to Australia.
The revolutionary manual bean-to-cup La Specialista Maestro delivers quality cold brew in under 5 minutes – instead of the traditional 15–24 hour process relied on by café and homebrewers alike. With eight grind settings, five temperature settings, dose and quality control, the La Specialista Maestro allows home baristas to manually adjust their brew to deliver a perfect extraction according to the type of beans, the roast and personal taste. Additionally, it also boasts eight pre-set hot and cold recipes, including Cold Brew and Espresso Cool.
Cold Brew has a light and refreshing taste, best served over ice, while Espresso Cool is a unique recipe developed by De’Longhi and, importantly, not just a traditional espresso cooled down. While Espresso Cool may look like an espresso with a thick crema, it tastes lighter and sweeter with a smooth and creamy mouthfeel and is less bitter than a traditional espresso.
Traditionally, cafés make cold brew by soaking ground coffee beans in water for up to 24 hours, pending the desired strength of the coffee. The innovative technology behind La Specialista Maestro, developed in conjunction with the Specialty Coffee Association, allows precisely measured water flow, pressure rates, and specific extraction temperatures to create delicious cold brew and De’Longhi’s bespoke recipe, Espresso Cool, in less than five minutes.
According to recent research, cold coffee consumption continues to increase steadily in Australia, with a third (33%) of people surveyed already enjoying a cold brew and 41% interested in making it at home. Additionally, over half (51%) of respondents say they would like a coffee machine with cold brew capability.
Three-time Australian Barista Champion Craig Simon says, “As our country’s passion for coffee shows no sign of slowing, it’s really exciting to offer Australians the opportunity to challenge their coffee preferences and explore new and different coffee recipes and roasts to enjoy.”
“The new La Specialista Maestro’s cutting-edge technology offers Australians cold brew on demand and in a matter of minutes, creating a new way to enjoy at home.
Cold brew is an incredibly versatile beverage, and not to mention a refreshing drink to enjoy as the warmer weather begins to roll in. Cold brew can be crafted through a blend, single origin or mixed with carbonated water. Additionally, cold brew pairs well with dairy milk and with alternatives like oat milk,” Craig continued.
The new La Specialista Maestro comes with a diverse range of innovative technologies, which sets it apart from other coffee machines on the market. Key features include:
- Cold Extraction Technology – A dedicated water circuit bypasses heat and optimises pressure to deliver a perfectly balanced extraction, ideal for Cold Brew and the unique new Espresso Cool recipe.
- 8 One Touch Hot and Cold Pre-Set Recipes – Clustered in Hot, Milk and Cold, and features the innovative Cold Brew recipe in under five minutes, along with De’Longhi’s unique recipe, Espresso Cool
- Sensor Grinding Technology – Fitted with two sensors to sense bean hopper level and ensure a consistent dose when grind adjustments are made
- Smart Tamping Station – Tamp with 20kg of pressure for a professional finish with no mess
- Five Temperature Profiles – Active temperature control to adjust water temperature according to the type of beans and roast to extract a smooth flavour. With 5 temperature profiles between 88-96C, this feature precisely controls extraction temperature to suit all types of beans and roast levels
- Manual and Automatic Milk – With the combination of MyLatte Art steam wand and LatteCrema system, consumers can finish recipes with superbly textured milk, either manually or with the consistent quality of automatic milk
The new La Specialista Maestro continues De’Longhi’s mission of transforming fresh coffee beans into the ultimate coffee experience at home.
De’Longhi’s La Specialista Maestro is available now at delonghi.com and electrical retailers nationally for an RRP of $1,999.