It’s no secret that Christmas shopping for friends and loved ones can be overwhelming, especially when many of us already have so much. ChildFund Australia has launched its new Gifts for Good catalogue, with 25 life-changing gift ideas to help children overcome poverty.
Gifts for Good is the perfect solution, with a huge variety of gifts your friends and family will love.
When you give a Gift for Good, it’s delivered to a child, family or community who really needs it and you’ll receive a beautiful gift card to share with your friend or loved one.
“Every item in our Gifts for Good catalogue has been designed to have a major impact on children living in poverty,” said ChildFund Australia CEO Nigel Spence. “This is a simple way that families in Australia can help some of the world’s poorest children, while bringing something unique to their own Christmas celebrations.”
5 life-changing gift ideas your family will love:
- For the bookworm in your family, you can donate a reading kit ($29) to a child in Cambodia with flash cards and word games to help develop their reading skills.
- On behalf of the foodie in your life, you can give three ducks ($29) to a family in the Philippines whose children will benefit from the nutritious eggs.
- Know a keen gardener? How about choosing a gift of 12 fruit tree seedlings ($19), which will help a family in Sri Lanka grow fresh healthy fruit to feed their children and to sell at the market for extra income.
- The student in your family will love discovering that you’ve donated a scholarship ($199) to a girl in rural Ethiopia who otherwise could not have continued her education.
- Buying for a sports fan? You can’t go past a gift of two rugby balls ($35) for children in Laos, to encourage fitness and play in communities with limited access to organised sport.